Board index Discussions Road Racing Discussion Fuel and turbo setup

Fuel and turbo setup

This Sub-forum is to discuss road racing setup (suspension, fuel, engine, turbo, brakes). Feel free to provide your experience in here.
Post Sat May 09, 2009 11:55 am

I've got an FD with a street ported 13B-REW and I plan on putting either a GT35R or a GT40R on it. The goal is to get 450-500rwhp. The car already has full exhaust and a Power FC.

Since the FD will be mainly for street use, I would like fast spool. Is there a big difference between the two mentioned turbo as far as spool goes? What would you recommend for me?

What other supporting upgrades do I need to do for that much power? For example, what fuel upgrades and intercooler do you suggest?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I know you have tuned hundreds of cars and know what the best route is.

Post Sat May 09, 2009 10:42 pm

a GT40R with a .94 housing is what you need for your car. The GT35R is only good for 500rwhp MAX and is not easy to get there. As for any other mods, if you plan to use this for road racing, you should consider V-mount and AI injection for safety margin. E85 is also an option but you will need 35% more fuel.

alavochin wrote:
I've got an FD with a street ported 13B-REW and I plan on putting either a GT35R or a GT40R on it. The goal is to get 450-500rwhp. The car already has full exhaust and a Power FC.

Since the FD will be mainly for street use, I would like fast spool. Is there a big difference between the two mentioned turbo as far as spool goes? What would you recommend for me?

What other supporting upgrades do I need to do for that much power? For example, what fuel upgrades and intercooler do you suggest?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I know you have tuned hundreds of cars and know what the best route is.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:46 pm

I have a 2003 silverado Ss with a head cam intake 6.0 I just got a turbo kit and have no clue what fuel pump to run I want to make 600hp to the wheels right now but would like to have room to grow any help would be great

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Kevon,
thanks for joining.

What you need to look at is the type of fuel you want to run and your hp goal and fuel pump capacity.

for 600rwhp with rooms to grow for future. I recommended at least a 1000cc injector and aeromotive A1000 pump.

This should be enough fuel to run E85 just in case you wanted to go that route.

hope that helps.

Kevon21 wrote:
I have a 2003 silverado Ss with a head cam intake 6.0 I just got a turbo kit and have no clue what fuel pump to run I want to make 600hp to the wheels right now but would like to have room to grow any help would be great

Return to Road Racing Discussion