Board index Discussions Turbo Sizing Discussion Precision turbo 6768 billet on rotary

Precision turbo 6768 billet on rotary

This Sub-Forum is to discuss turbo sizing and what works and doesn't work for any particular engine applications. Feel free to provide feedback.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:39 pm

I want 600whp on a 13b rew, the motor is streetported. This turbo seems to be capable of doing this, I'm just wondering if anyone has ran one on a rotary setup and if it performs well? I'm assuming I'd need probably 30psi so would I also need to change my GM map sensor to the AEM 3.5 bar sensor? If I get this turbo I'd change the hotside to a Tubonetics 68mm T4 1.15 divided hotside. I'll be running meth injection as well, fuel setup is 850cc primaries and 2200cc secondaries. Also if I changed to a 4" exhaust setup after getting tuned with a 3" setup how would this affect A/F. Any suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated.

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 pm

not familiar with the turbo you mentioned but if it is a 67mm inducer, the turbo should be good for 600rwhp. when you change from a 3" exhaust to a 4" exhaust, it will affect spool up as well as high rpm hp. it will require a retune.

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks for the input, what about the map sensor...would I need the 3.5 bar on or could I just keep my 3 bar sensor?

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Since you didn't specify ecu, I assume you are running pfc. Gm 3bar is good to 29.2 psi. I doubt you will run any more boost than that.

dabigesii wrote:
Thanks for the input, what about the map sensor...would I need the 3.5 bar on or could I just keep my 3 bar sensor?

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 am

Thanks, yeah I'm running power fc

Return to Turbo Sizing Discussion