Board index Discussions ECU Tuning Discussion Built motor 06 Scion tC with Hydra EMS?

Built motor 06 Scion tC with Hydra EMS?

This sub-forum is to discuss any ECU related tuning discussion. You can ask and/or provide any information you would like to know about aftermarket ECU
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:58 am

Steve,

I will soon be moving/restationing to Fort Hood, TX in April 2012. I definitely will be going to your shop to get my car running better. Right now I am planning on getting a standalone for my car, I currently have an AEM FIC and it just wont keep up with the motor I guess - issues with idle and some. I was thinking on getting the Hydra EMS 2.7 version (the new one) and I know that you tune them and also a retailer. Also with the new version Hydra EMS 2.7 they now have 5 different stages. How do I know which one I want/need? Another thing is that they have separate prices for the harnesses...are they not included with the EMS? What is included with the EMS? Lastly, about the autotune...is it a user-friendly/for dummies kinna thing, what do you know about it? LOL, sorry for all the questions, not familiar with it but there are scion tc running with hydra and are very very happy with them. Theyre saying it runs perfect/ like stock. thanks.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:43 pm

All Hydra EMS comes with the harness. The different pricing you see on their website is for different firmware upgrade options. below is the pdf for each.

http://www.hydraems.com/documents/Hydra ... akdown.pdf

Gamma is the most common one since it has most of the options you need.

As for the autotune, it does save alot of time for part throttle and WOT tuning. All you have to do is set the timing map and target A/F table, make a few pulls and it'll automatically update your basemap. However, just like everything else, you can't always rely on the closed loop since wideband drifts over time and it could run leaner in a long term.

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:00 pm

cool i think im gonna go with the hydra ems (gamma) and with the autotune. thanks steve.

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Let me know when you are ready to purchase it. I can do better price than what they listed for on hydra website

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 pm

PLUTO wrote:
Let me know when you are ready to purchase it. I can do better price than what they listed for on hydra website

cool, i was hoping that you do, their website needs me to sign in with a google account(?). let me know you prices. thanks.

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm

I will let you know and PM once I get the pricing from Hydra.

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:43 am

^ did you get my reply back on PM?

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:45 pm

I got the Hydra today! thanks.

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31 pm

No problem.... let me know if you need any help.

tCiNg_U wrote:
I got the Hydra today! thanks.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Steve,

Ive been here in Fort Hood/Killeen area sicne April and have not found anyone that can tune the Hydra 2.7 One shop tried it, but car randomly shuts off while idling and/or slowing down. Also missfires. I might tow the car to your shop soon im getting frustrated. Ill give you a call when I get a chance to schedule a day off.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:51 pm

sure, bring it to us.

Return to ECU Tuning Discussion